Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

We're married--We zijn getrouwd!

Photo credit:  Heather Costa
It's official. Jaap and I are married! October 27, 2012 will be remembered as the best day of my life. A beautiful fall day on the Hudson River at Mount Gulian in Fishkill, NY. We're so grateful that everyone we love traveled near and far to celebrate with us. Having our Dutch family and friends there, who traveled from the Netherlands, meant so much to us. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world and I'm so excited to continue my "Adventures with Jaap" for many years to come. More about the wedding on another post.

Sadly enough, our wedding "high" has been grounded by the tragedy of Hurricane Sandy. Our vacation has been extended an extra week because of flight cancelations, but that's nothing. My hearts go out to everyone in the northeast especially people in NY, CT and NJ who have been affected by this storm. It's horrible and sad to see the city and region I love so much struggling during this scary time. Thankfully my parents have power back and all of our loved ones are safe. I only wish it was the same for the rest of the northeast. New Yorkers are tough, but please send these people some love. The last few days have made me feel extra lucky for what I have, especially my hubby. :)
Photo by my beautiful sister-in-law Annabelle Jansen-Bak
Thanks to my dear friend Heather Costa for posting this picture on FB. Visit her website at heathercosta.com. She's an amazing voice over artist! XOXO

2 comments: