Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween.....BOO!

With lots of time on my hands I have time to do things I normally would not do this time of year.....like carve pumpkins. Woo hoo! Lucky for me, work will start again in a few weeks and I will be back in the classroom teaching again. But, for now I have extra time to walk around and explore Maastricht, study Dutch, cook yummy meals, and do other fun stuff... like carve pumpkins. 

I have to admit though. I am really missing this Halloween season because it's not really celebrated that much in the Netherlands. Jaap says that its becoming more and more popular though. I have some great memories of Halloweens past in NYC. Last year was the best. After seeing Julie and Julia, Shannon and I got inspired and decided to dress up as Paul and Julia Child (complete with rubber chicken and rolling pin). It was hilarious!

Here are some pics of the newly carved pumpkin. Mom- Please save me a bag of candy corn. Love you.
The before shot...
Boo!
Halloween 2009, NYC: Paul & Julia Child
Bon appétit!
The finished product

1 comment: