Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Piccolo time


Three weeks ago Jaap and I joined the University of Maastricht’s community orchestra. I’ve only played with wind bands and have never actually performed with a string orchestra before, so I thought this would be good for me. The group was in need of a piccolo player, so I volunteered to secure myself a spot in the group. Jaap used to play with the group before he moved to New York and he thought it would be good for me because rehearsals are mostly in English. Although, last week’s rehearsal was mostly in Dutch. (It’s helping me learn my numbers).

I had my official ‘audition’ this afternoon for the conductor. Things went well. Who doesn’t love a good Bach sonata?


Here’s the group’s website. http://www.unimaas.nl/orkest/

No comments:

Post a Comment